Frequently Asked Technical Questions
What is required for me to connect using a computer or mobile device?
- Internet Connection Download Speed of at least 1.0 mbps
You can test this at www.speedtest.net
- Verify the version of your Internet Browser meets the minimum requirements:
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Firefox 3.5 or higher
- Chrome 5.0 or higher
- AOL 9.0 or higher
- Safari 4.0 or higher
- iOS Mobile Safari
- Android Mobile (some devices)
- Download the latest Flash Player at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
If I am having technical issues, what are some steps to take?
- Click on the "Switch to Low Stream" button below the player in the "Technical" tab.
- If you are connecting wirelessly, connect to a wired connection if possible.
- Open www.rezonline.org directly in your browser.
- Close all the programs on your device, reopen your browser and visit www.rezonline.org directly.
- Restart your device, reopen your browser and visit www.rezonline.org directly.
- For computer users, download the latest Flash Player at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
- Go to www.speedtest.net and verify that your download speed is at least 1.0 mbps.
- Verify that you do not have a content blocking device or software that would prevent you from connecting. Your network administrator should be able to determine if this is the issue and how to resolve it.
- If you are using a Roku box and the audio and video are out of sync you should stop your session on the Resurrection channel and restart it.
How do I connect Resurrection Online to a TV or projector?
The best method is using a Roku set top box:
- A set top Roku box that is available for purchase from www.roku.com. The Resurrection channel will work with any of the models available.
- The appropriate cable to connect the Roku box.
- A high-speed Internet connection, either wired or wireless will work. Must get at least 1.0 download speed on your connection for Roku to work appropriately. Test this using the same type of connection (wireless or wired) using a computer and going to www.speedtest.net.
- NOTE: If you are going to be using this across a network, you will need to verify that you do not have a content blocking device or software that will prevent the connection to the Roku channel.
- A computer to activate your Roku player and link channels.
- Once you activate your Roku player, you can find the Resurrection Online channel in the Channel Store under the Religion and Spirituality section.
Another alternative is to use a computer:
- Verify that you are able to view and play www.rezonline.org from your computer with satisfactory quality.
- Connect one of your computer output sources to a television or projector
- Select the proper input on your television or projector.
- Change the settings on your computer to output the correct image.
- Open your browser and navigate to www.rezonline.org.
- Connect your audio using the appropriate cable running from your headphone jack into your television or projector’s speakers.
A third alternative is to use an iPad2: